The CSTA's 2018 Examinations Papers can be ordered. More ...
Head of Department Day Tuesday 27 November 2018. Plan now available.
Date and time : Tuesday 27 November
8.30 am registration, to start at 9 am. Finish ~ 4pm
Preparations for the Canterbury Science Teachers’ Association at Ara Institute of Canterbury are well underway. We have a range of speakers and workshops covering a range of interesting topics including the production of biobased products containing biomass, inspiring tomorrows engineers, and the value of science, and also (hopefully) workshops involving virtual reality.
The first version of the day's plan and workshop is available here .
Those interested in attending you can register at
Attendance is free for presenters, CSTA committee members, and for up to two teachers from each school (more considered for schools over 800 students. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please use “HOD day” in subject line of the email .
I look forward to seeing you
Dr. Michael Edmonds
Ara Institute of Canterbury
Head of Department
ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURAL STUDIES
Te Hoe Waihaka me te Hoahoaka
Updated 19 November 2018
PCT Day Thursday 22 and Friday 23 November 2018.
Dates: Thursday 22 and Friday 23 November.
Venue: Riccarton High School.
Registration : https://goo.gl/forms/GFAklnpi03pA1l363
NB: It is hoped PCT's will be able to attend both days .... however when registering please advise if you likely to attend only one of these days. (The daily programme will be uploaded asap).
Format: This is a two day course showcasing practical activities which can be used with your Junior & Year 11 science classes. There will be sessions covering Chemistry, Physics & Biology.
The exact programme will be confirmed closer to the event.
Lunch, morning tea and all resources are provided.
Costs: This course is free to CSTA members. Non-members will be invoiced at $20 per teacher, after the event.
The course is open to:
- Provisionally Registered Teachers
- Teachers returning to teaching after a long absence
- Teachers new to teaching in New Zealand
For specific details watch this space or contact Jenna Wilson email@example.com
Updated 24.10. 2018
Have you paid your 2018 Subscription ?
1. The subscriptions for 2018 have now been confirmed, as a continuation of the previous minimalistic fees.
2. The period for which the annual subscription applies is now 1 January to 31 December each year. - something which requires the committee to set the fees each November, for the following year. The purpose of this change is to allow members to know subscriptions costs at the very start of the school year, and make payments at this time - rather than wait to the first committee meeting after the AGM.
3. Invoicing of schools (by email) for CSTA subscriptions is now underway.
The committee anticipates that the above will significantly assist schools and individuals to support the CSTA through their subscriptions, and allow the continuation of the professional sharing of science ideas, pedagogy and resources that are the ethos of this Incorporated Society.
v.Beta April 2018